Saturday 25 June 2016

Modern Miniature Bathroom Sink

 You will need 
- Balsa wood
- Cardboard tube
- Craft glue
- Box cutter

Cut two sides out of balsa wood approx 4cm x 4cm
Cut top and bottom out of balsa wood approx 8cm x 4cm
On this cabinet I tried to mitre the edges to that it fits together seamlessly on the corners.  I just rubbed the corners across sandpaper to get an angle on the edge.  But the cabinet can be joined easily without changes the corners.

Cut a small section from your cardboard tube.  My cardboard tube is the inner from a roll of garbage bags.
Glue your cabinet together using a good quality balsa/craft glue and allow to dry.

Once dry you can paint the cabinet.  I like to stain the balsa wood light brown.  I use just a tiny spot of brown acrylic paint and mix it with about 50ml of water.


 

Its best to paint some test wood first to see what colour you like.  Once the stain dries you can do another coat if you want to make it darker.

Paint the cardboard tube white to make a basin and add a tap.  (Details to make a tap can be found here)

1 comment:

  1. Hi, how thick is your balsa wood?
    Also, I absolutely adore your work!

    ReplyDelete